Published on September 19, 2013
Therapeutic Foster Care is looking for loving, open-hearted individuals and couples to become foster parents for special needs and at-risk children.
Please join us at a Meet and Greet to learn more about the rewards and commitment of foster parenting with us!
October 2, 2013 6PM-8PM
Hope Haven, 1101 Barataria Blvd in Marrero.
Please RSVP to Mamie Hall-Landry (504) 310-6939 by September 30!
Therapeutic Foster Care matches children with moderate to severe emotional/behavior problems, developmentally delayed or medically fragile children with foster families who provide specialized foster care services for them. TFC also provides short-term respite for children who are experiencing mental health crises. Children are referred by the Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Social Services, State of Louisiana
Who Can Become a Foster Parent?
- You can be single or divorced with an established support system or married
- You must be at least 18 years of age, but not older than 65
- You may own or rent your home
- You must be self-supporting
- You must pass a criminal background check
- You must pass a drug screen
- You must be a high school graduate or possess a GED with college or specialized child care experience
- You must complete 36 hours of training to become certified
Kids in care have sometimes been neglected or physically, sexually or mentally abused. These children can be angry, resentful, and sad. Therapeutic Foster Care seeks compassionate, caring and patient individuals and couples ready to take on these challenges with an open-mind and an open-heart. Therapeutic Foster Parents receive a monthly board rate and salary for each child in their home.
For More Information, Please Contact: Mamie Hall-Landry, LPC, Program Administrator, (504) 310-6939 or Elaine Johnson, Case Manager, (504)-310-6957