Published on August 28, 2012
Donate Now to CCANO Emergency Assistance Fund
Help us be ready to respond to Hurricane Isaac!
As the City of New Orleans and surrounding areas prepare for Hurricane Isaac, Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans (CCANO) remains ready to respond to the needs of the community especially in times of crisis. We continue to offer care, support and prayer for all those who will feel the effects of Isaac. With so much uncertainty as to the scale and impact that this storm will bring, your support now is crucial in ensuring that CCANO can provide immediate care and assistance to those who need it most in the wake of the storm. Our readiness and response to the impending threat of hurricane conditions is possible through the continued support from friends and donors like YOU.
The needs of our clients and the community only grows exponentially with the scale and uncertainty of this hurricane threat. Evacuation costs for our residential clients, response and relief efforts for the community in the aftermath of the storm and our ability to provide aid and assistance to our caregivers who will be on the front lines of providing relief depend on support we receive NOW.
PLEASE GIVE TODAY. Your gift sustains our continued programming throughout Hurricane Isaac and enables us to immediately provide for the increased needs of the community in the aftermath of this storm.
CCANO continues to monitor Hurricane Isaac. For our latest news and updates, follow Twitter @CathCharitiesNO, and the Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans Facebook page.
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans and the community are bound together in prayer and preparation. Thank you for your support!
|Our 42 Programs and 2 Affiliated Ministries have prepared and enacted their emergency plans to continue services throughout the duration of this storm including:
- Providing sign-language interpreters for press conferences for the hearing impaired. Shari Bernius and her team have been working closely with the media and local governments to provide this service throughout Hurricane Isaac coverage.
- 63 clients of PADUA Community Homes which provide housing for developmentally delayed adults and youth, plus 17 staff members and their families are sheltering in place at PADUA Pediatric facilities in Belle Chasse. Through the assistance of our Cornerstone Builders ministry volunteers, PADUA facilities have been secured and readied for the storm.
- PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) care managers have assisted the 160 clients with making individual arrangements for Hurricane Isaac. PACE facilities have been secured and there is an on-call physician and administrative staff ready.
- The CCANO Mental Health programs like Ciara Independent Living and Permanent Housing Services, which provide housing for those with chronic mental illness, and Voyage House, a residential shelther for women with substance abuse problems or mental health issues, along with CCANO Foster Care programs have been coordinating and monitoring individual evacuation plans with clients and our Theraputic Famiy Services.
- All CCANO Oil Spill Response sites have been secured.
- Food For Families, which provides nutritional food boxes throughout 64 Louisiana Parishes, remains on alert and ready to resume operations as soon as possible.
- All programs have enacted their emergency preparedness plans and remain on alert.