Create Hope, Donate Today.
Through the generous support of friends like you, Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans is able to provide help and create hope for thousands of individuals and families in need.
95% of every dollar given goes to services that assist the poor and vulnerable in our community.
Our programs and services include social justice and prison reform, disaster relief, domestic violence services, immigration, Head Start, and early childhood education and services for the homeless.
We embrace the poor and vulnerable no matter who they are! Catholic Charities serves people in need regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or economic status.
Donate today, and help us create a brighter tomorrow.
Learn more about the many ways you can support the work of Catholic Charities
Archbishop Hannan Community Appeal
The Archbishop Hannan Community Appeal (AHCA ) is an annual, volunteer-driven fundraising campaign that supports the work of Catholic Charities. Gifts to the AHCA raise crucial undesignated funds that allow Catholic Charities to respond swiftly, effectively and compassionately in times of crisis or disaster. Your donation will mean supporting a local charity that best understands local needs.
Monthly giving maximizes the impact of your gift. Each month, you can provide consistent and invaluable support to serve the poor and vulnerable, allowing our staff and board of directors to plan carefully for the future. Becoming a monthly donor is easy. Use the link below to select your giving level and payment method. Your gift will be automatically processed each month and you will receive updates on how your contribution is impacting the community.
Tribute and Memorial Gifts
Honor a special person or commemorate a special occasion by making a tribute gift. These gift giving occasions can include holidays, birthdays, anniversaries or weddings.
Remember a loved one who has passed by making a memorial gift. If your family would like to have gifts made to Catholic Charities in lieu of flowers, please contact us at (504) 592-5681 with the following information:
- Name of deceased
- Name of person to be acknowledged of tribute gifts made
- Relation to deceased
- Address of acknowledgee
- Phone number of acknowledgee
Our staff will notify the family with the names and contact information of all donors who make a gift in memory of their loved ones on a regular basis. Thank you for remembering Catholic Charities and supporting our work. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
For more information about a tribute gift, memorial gift or special occasion gift, please contact Emily Patnode: [email protected] or 504-592-5681.
Alternative Giving Options
There are many ways you can support Catholic Charities beyond making a direct donation. Below are a few options:
- AmazonSmile. If you shop on Amazon, consider using their smile.amazon.com site and selecting Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans as the charity you support. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Catholic Charities. It adds up!
- Wedding Registries. The Knot provides options for setting up wedding registries that can be designated to Catholic Charities. When selecting your registry retailers from theknot.com, select either JustGive or CrowdRise from their partner list.
- Start a Fundraiser. You can create your own fundraiser benefiting Catholic Charities using the everydayhero platform. This platform gives you the flexibility to raise funds for a specific life event such as your birthday or graduation or as part of a fitness activity or any activity that fits you. Visit the everydayhero site for more ideas on how you can start your own fundraiser.
Catholic Charities is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency providing compassionate care that is efficient and fiscally responsible. If you prefer to make a donation by mail, please mail your donation to 1000 Howard Ave Ste 200, New Orleans, LA 70113. You may also call in your donation at (504) 592-5681. Thank you for your support!