Published on February 20, 2015
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans launches redesigned website
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans is pleased to announce the launch of their new and improved website at www.ccano.org. Developed with Deep Fried Advertising, a New Orleans-based creative agency, the new site’s features and functionality were designed to meet the evolving needs of Catholic Charities’ many programs and ministries while also providing helpful resources and information for clients and the community.
“As a diverse social service agency that provides assistance to 89,000+ people annually, we needed a website that allowed us to not only tell the Catholic Charities story of who we are and what we do in our community, but also a site that could quickly provide relevant information and resources for people seeking assistance,” said Anna Toujas, Associate Director of Communications for Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans. “Our newly designed site gives us the tools to do this in a very visual way that’s also easy for the user navigate.”
A few of the new features of ccano.org include:
- Program Directory – Not sure where to look? Search Catholic Charities’ program directory with topics listed in alphabetical order
- Stories of Hope – Explore client stories and learn how Catholic Charities is providing hope and help in the community through our Stories of Hope section.
- Program pages – The many programs of Catholic Charities now have their own webpages at ccano.org. Explore programs by category in the homepage dropdown menu. To the left on each program page, there is contact info for program staff, as well as related news posts and stories from the site. Check this out on program pages like Head Start
- Search & Translate – At the top right of our homepage, you will see a green “Search” feature and translate links. Click to expand the “Search” text box and type in any keywords related to what you are looking for. Search results show the latest news on the topic first and then any relevant information available across the entire site. Visit any page at ccano.org and translate the page’s contents to Spanish, Vietnamese or French by clicking the translation links at the upper right portion of the page.
- Giving is easier than ever – Catholic Charities online donation functionality has been improved for ease of use and optimized for mobile devices. Donors and friends can give online with ease on a desktop or on a mobile device.
In addition to the features mentioned above, the entire website design is responsive, which means images and information will be optimized when viewing ccano.org on smart phones, tablets and desktops. Visit the new www.ccano.org for news, information and ways Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans is providing hope and help to the poor and vulnerable in the Greater New Orleans area and throughout the state of Louisiana.