Published on March 26, 2013
Food for Families, Department of Agriculture and Crescent City Farmers’ Market Collaborates Again
Food for Families in collaboration with the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry Department and the Crescent City Farmers’ Market will begin processing applications for the 2013 Farmers’ Market fresh vegetable coupon program for Orleans parish residents. Applications will be accepted at 5 different areas within Orleans parish. The time is 9:00 am to 12:00 pm for all locations.
The dates and locations are:
1. Wednesday March 27 – Central City EOC Senior Center, 2101 Philip St
2. Tuesday April 2 – St. Mary of the Angels, 3501 N Miro St
3. Thursday April 4 – Arthur Monday Recreation Center, 1111 Newton St
4. Saturday April 6 – Daughters of Charity, 3201 S Carrollton Ave
5. Thursday April 11 – Sisters of the Holy Family, 6901 Chef Menteur Hwy
Participation in last year’s program DOES NOT guarantee you acceptance or coupons for the 2013 program.
To be eligible you must be at least 60 years old, meet the Federal Income guidelines and live in Orleans parish. Bring a valid Louisiana identification card and your household income information. You are automatically qualified if you: (1) receive commodities from the Food for Seniors Program (2) Receive SSI (3) have a Louisiana Purchase Card (SNAP) or is a Medicaid recipient. However, you still must fill out and submit an application. This will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may apply at any of the locations.