Counseling Solutions Program Director, Lisa Surrency, spoke about handling anxiety and stress due to COVID-19 and dealing with holiday blues.
Why is Self Care so important in dealing with stress and anxiety associated with COVID-19?
- Produces positive feelings
- Improves confidence
- Boosts self esteem
- Boosts immune system
- Slowing down make you more productive
- Improves you self compassion
- You have more to give others
Indicators to implement self-care:
- Memory problems
- Poor judgement
- Constant worry
- Aches and pains
- Stomach aliments
- Frequent colds
- Easily agitated
- Nervous habits
Tips for self-care:
- Know what the difference is between poor self-care vs. positive self-care
- Try incorporating your senses into self-care
- Develop a self-care practice to put into daily schedule
- Reduce negativity in your life
- Take a few minutes a day for yourself
- Zoom fatigue is real!!!!!
For dealing with both stress and anxiety from COVID-19 and the holiday blues, Self-care is important right now with the stress and I am sure lack of rest from the Holidays.
It is important going into the new year with putting yourself first. Conquering the after math of the holidays with the pandemic still happening.