From Catholic Charities USA:
The World Day of the Poor is Nov. 18, 2018, a day that brings into focus the faces and stories of those who are suffering with the burden of poverty. On this second anniversary, Pope Francis’ World Day of the Poor message asks each of us to reflect on Psalm 34:6, “This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him,” and consider whether we hear the cry of the poor and to examine what we do in response.
We encourage you to engage members of your communities to learn more about poverty in the U.S. and to join with Catholic Charities in our mission to lift up the neediest among us. CCUSA has created a dedicated website where you can find helpful resources such as those listed below which we encourage you to share with your stakeholders however you see fit: www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/world-day-of-the-poor/
- Take our poverty quiz, find prayers and customize sample tweets
- Read stories about the impact of Catholic Charities to transform people into self-sufficiency
- Join us in advocating on behalf of the vulnerable by signing up for Washington Weekly
- Participate in a poverty simulation or host one by contacting Kim Mazyck at [email protected]
- Support the needs of the poor and vulnerable