Published on August 6, 2012
The Cornerstone Ministry Presents:
The Annual Symposium for Systemic Change
Join our annual forum of community partners for a day of strategic community planning, prayer, and advocacy on reentry issues.
Friday, August 17, 2012
2710 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans LA 70122
- Whalen Gibbs, LA Dept. of Corrections and Public Safety Assistant Secretary
- Susan Lindsey, Assistant to Sheriff Marlin Gusman and Reentry Program Administration
- Grant White, President of God’s Kingdom Builders Unlimited Master Tradesmen LLC
- Rhett Covington, LA Dept. of Corrections Deputy Assistant Director for Reentry
- Checo Yancy, LA CURE Chair
- Judge Laurie White, Orleans Parish Criminal District Criminal Court
- *Other presenters include representatives of Catholic Charities, community resources, AmeriCorps and VISTA members, and volunteer service sites.
“Hate not laborious tasks nor farming, which was ordained by the Most High.” – Sirach 7:15
Programs for Systemic Change:
Reentry 72: Meeting Returning Citizens Upon Release
The purpose of Reentry 72 is to provide employment assessment, temporary employment and empowerment services to ex-offenders before their release from prison, within 72 hours of release from prison, and also for 30 days post-release. Statistical studies document that the first 72 hours are the most critical in assessing risks and addressing needs to prevent recidivism.
Gateway Industries: Job creation in Agribusiness, Internal Maintenance, and Landscaping
For more information or to register contact Shatarra Gibson at 504-310-8769 or via email at [email protected]