As part of our mission to provide quality services, all Catholic Charities ministry programs and support departments participate in PQI – Performance and Quality Improvement. Here are a few highlights from the many quality improvement efforts made over the last fiscal year.
- Deaf Action Center analyzed its processes and made changes in the way interpreters are assigned. As a result, they increased the number of interpreting hours by 20% over the previous fiscal year (from 4,215 hours to 5,077 hours).
- Through close monitoring of Clients Plans of Care, 84% of Adult Day Health Care participants were able to participate in activities as outlined in their Plans.
- The Communications Department continues to track well ahead of their target of 50 stories in the media annually, with 43 media stories reported in the most recent quarter.
- Through participation in job fairs and significant outreach, Hispanic Apostolate Community Services has been able to assist approximately 50% of their Job Assistance clients obtain employment.
- Through significant outreach, Community Staffing Services has consistently increased the number of hours they have been able to place clients each quarter. The most recently-reported quarter showed an increase of 140% in billable hours over the hours reported for the first quarter.
- The Oil Spill Program of Spirit of Hope program has served 130% of their target number of clients – 714 clients versus a target of 550 clients. Through consumer input, feedback from case managers, data analyses, and a tremendous re-tooling of processes, Spirit of Hope agencies (including CCANO’s Oil Spill Program) has distributed more than $5.37 million in direct assistance since September 2011 to facilitate clients’ achievement of their personal goals.